The next court date for the man accused in death of a 6-year-old SoHo boy who went missing in 1979 has been postponed.
Pedro Hernandez had been expected in court on Oct. 1. Prosecutors said Monday that the date was moved to Nov. 15 so that the investigation can continue.
Hernandez's lawyer said he agreed to an adjournment but declined further comment.
Prosecutors say the 51-year-old Hernandez admitted in May to killing Etan Patz in a surprise confession in one of the most baffling missing children's cases nationwide.
His attorney has said his client was bipolar and schizophrenic and had a history of hallucinations.
Hernandez is being held without bail.