Dog Shocked While Walking Over Sidewalk Grate: Con Ed

Tuesday, Feb 18, 2014  |  Updated 2:40 PM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Dog Shocked While Walking Over Sidewalk Grate: Con Ed

advertisement

Con Edison is investigating after a dog received an apparent electric shock while being walked on a sidewalk in Tribeca, authorities say. 

The small dog was being walked by its owner near Watts and Canal streets about 7:30 p.m. when it was shocked over a sidewalk grate, the utility says. 

The dog was quickly removed and taken to an animal hospital with minor injuries, police and Con Edison say. 

Workers from the utility were checking the voltage in the area. 

Get the latest from NBC 4 New York anywhere, anytimeiPhone/iPad App | SMS AlertsTwitter | Facebook | Google+ | Instagram | RSS

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
What's New
Follow us on Instagram!
We post photos taken by our news... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out