A hearing set for Monday in the sex assault case against Dominique Strauss-Kahn has been postponed until Aug. 23.
Defense attorneys for the former International Monetary Fund chief said Tuesday they hope that prosecutors "will have reached the decision to dismiss" the case by that date.
The case has been delayed since investigators revealed they had found problems with the credibility of the hotel maid who accused Strauss-Kahn of assaulting her.
A judge released Strauss-Kahn from house arrest July 1 because of the credibility issues with the accuser.
The prosecution said earlier this month that it was not moving to dismiss charges "at this time," but acknowledged the case was turned upside down after revelations that the maid had lied about parts of her past and her account of what happened that day.
Defense lawyers have argued there was no "forcible" encounter. Strauss-Kahn denies that he attempted to rape the maid.