6 Overcome by Chlorine Fumes at UES Hotel: FDNY

Fire officials said a lifeguard was preparing chemicals for the pool at the Courtyard New York on East 92nd Street

View Comments ()
|
Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    Six people, including a firefighter, were taken to Lenox Hill Hospital after being overcome by chlorine fumes at an Upper East Side Hotel, the FDNY said.

    Fire officials said a lifeguard was preparing chemicals for the pool at the Courtyard New York on East 92nd Street, but apparently wasn't used to the strength of them.

    He and an engineer, along with some hotel guests and a firefighter, were overwhelmed by the fumes around 8 a.m., officials said.

    All the injuries are considered minor.

    Get the latest from NBC 4 New York anytimeiPhone/iPad App | SMS AlertsTwitter | Facebook | Google+ | Instagram | RSS