High Carbon Monoxide Levels Force Bronx Evacuation

12 people were taken to the hospital, suffering from dizziness.

Monday, Jan 16, 2012  |  Updated 6:34 AM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Carbon Monoxide Evacuation in Bronx

advertisement

A five-story building was evacuated in the Bronx early Monday after the Fire Department was called in for a report of carbon monoxide.

The building on Valentine Avenue in the Fordham section was evacuated at about 5 a.m., after officials detected high levels of the potentially deadly gas.

The FDNY said 12 people were taken to Jacobi Hospital because they were feeling dizzy.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
What's New
Follow us on Instagram!
We post photos taken by our news... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out