Parents Lash Out at Former NFL Player Whose NY Home Was Trashed By Teens: Reports

About 300 teens broke into Brian Holloway's upstate New York home over Labor Day weekend and caused more than $20,000 in damages

Friday, Sep 20, 2013  |  Updated 10:32 PM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Ex-NFL Player Home Trashed by Teen Party

Associated Press

Brian Holloway

advertisement
Photos and Videos

Ex-NFL Player Home Trashed by Teen Party

Former NFL player, Brian Holloway whose vacant upstate New York home was trashed during a party attended by up to 400 teenagers says he will use their own Twitter postings to reveal their names.
More Photos and Videos

Some parents of the hundreds of teenagers who trashed a former NFL offensive lineman’s upstate New York home during a huge Labor Day bash are lashing out at the player for outing them on a website he set up in the party’s aftermath, according to published reports.

Brian Holloway, who played for the New England Patriots and the Los Angeles Raiders in the 1980s, told Gothamist and the New York Post that parents are threatening to hurt him or take him to court over his website helpmesave300.com. Holloway has been posting the public tweets and photos from the 300 trespassing partiers who broke into his home earlier this month and caused about $20,000 in damages.

“Some complained that this will ruin their kids’ college plans. Others have threatened me, saying ‘Take my kid's name down or I’m gonna press charges against you,'” Holloway told the Post. “You’re going to press charges against me? C’mon, now. If that were one of my children, they would be doing a year’s worth of apologizing.”

Holloway, who was in Florida that weekend, found out about the party through tweets and photos posted by the teens. They broke windows and doors, punched dozens of holes in the walls, dragged beer kegs across oak floors and left behind graffiti.

On the site, he asked the teens and their parents to help him clean up the property or to make donations to help with damages. So far, only one parent and one teen have come to help with the mess, he said on the site.

He told Gothamist he was surprised by the negative reaction he’d received, but wouldn’t be scared by the threats.

“How do you intimidate me?” he said. “I’ve lined up against Lawrence Taylor.”

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
What's New
Follow us on Instagram!
We post photos taken by our news... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out