Baby Burns to Death in Radiator Accident: Police

Tuesday, Feb 19, 2013  |  Updated 4:24 PM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Baby Burns to Death in Radiator Accident: Police

Getty Images

A baby visiting her grandmother in Manhattan burned to death when she rolled off a bed and got wedged next to a hot radiator, police said Tuesday.

The 1-year-old girl was staying with her grandmother in Morningside Heights, according to police. The grandmother found the baby wedged between the furniture and the radiator at about 6:15 a.m. 

The baby had severe burns on her leg and was rushed to St. Luke's Hospital, where she died, police said.

Police said the girl was visiting from Albany. Another child in the apartment was not injured.

The grandmother, who is 60 years old, wasn't charged in the incident. 

Get the latest from NBC 4 New York anywhere, anytimeiPhone/iPad App | Twitter | Facebook | Email Newsletters Send Us News Tips | Google+ | Instagram | RSS

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
What's New
21st Century Solutions
The NBCUniversal Foundation is partnering... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out