CHICAGO -- Chicago police are continuing their investigation of a drive-by shooting incident outside a high school on the city's South Side.
Authorities say at least one of the five teenagers who were wounded Friday night remained hospitalized early Sunday morning.
Police say they believe the shooting was gang-related and that they don't believe any of the victims attended Dunbar Vocational Career Academy, where the incident occurred.
No arrests had been made as of early Sunday morning.
On Friday, Dunbar student Shaneisha Turman said a silver truck and a black car pulled up near the school as students were leaving the school, located at 3000 S. King Dr., during the second overtime of the game. [Google Map]
Turman said she saw the occupants of the truck pretend to shoot and then "they really started shooting," scattering panicked students.
People were shouting "'They're shooting,"' Turman said. "It was a lot of people shouting and running."
Upon hearing the gunfire, officials immediately canceled the game between Dunbar and Hope High School.
"It was crazy, it was like killers on the loose," said Joshua Glaze, 15, a freshman at the school.
One witness said she heard at least 12 gunshots.
A Prairie District sergeant said the first call of shots fired came in just before 8 p.m. Seven ambulances responded to the school, Fire Media Affairs Asst. Director Eve Rodriguez said.
"We was at the game, and we just started running because we saw everybody fighting and stuff," a 17-year-old witness said. "Everybody was running for safety and trying to get out and dodge people running toward us."
The injured teens, found outside the school, were taken to University of Chicago Comer Children's Hospital, Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Mercy Hospital and Medical Center and John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital of Cook County.
No one has been identified or arrested, but the shooting was "isolated" and possibly gang-related, Police Superintendent Jody Weis said, adding that 200 officers were in the area looking for suspects.
Andres Durbak, director of the city schools' Office of Safety and Security, was on the scene and said video taken in and around the school has been handed over to police.
"This is a tragedy," Durbak said.
The high school has about 1,600 students and is the alma mater of Oscar-winning actress Jennifer Hudson.
"We do not believe that any of the victims were students at the school," Chicago police spokeswoman Monique Bond said.
University of Chicago Comer Children's Hospital spokesman John Easton said the hospital had received one victim, who he said would be treated and released. Two victims, both in good condition, were expected to be treated and released from Mercy Hospital and Medical Center, spokeswoman Constance Murphy said.