Read this and you'll look smart. You don't have to be intelligent to impress people -- you just have to fake it. Here's a daily list of fascinating articles that will wow your friends, surprise your co-workers and make you seem sharp at a cocktail party or over the lunch counter....
- Golfers who use titanium clubs could be at risk for going deaf. The club creates a type of "sonic boom" when it strikes a ball and can shatter golfers' ear drums when they tee off.
- A professor (and part-time DJ) claims that Stonehenge was used for raves. The 5,000-year old standing stones offered the kind of acoustics conducive to trance-like rhythms.
- A blood poisoning antidote could also be a hangover cure. Researchers believe the bloodstream "cleaner" could remove alcohol from the system quickly.
- Some species appear to be experiencing 'evolution in reverse.' Researchers say these anomalies are likely a result of hunting animals with the biggest antlers and pelts.
- How much is HuffPo really worth? The New York Times reported last spring that the site was valued at $200 million. AdAge says it could be worth just $2 million.