Read this and you'll look smart. You don't have to be intelligent to impress people -- you just have to fake it. Here's a daily list of fascinating articles that will wow your friends, surprise your co-workers and make you seem sharp at a cocktail party or over the lunch counter....
- One University of Texas professor analyzes Al Qaeda communication based on the parts of speech they use. By examining the use of pronouns, articles and adjectives, the prof is able to determine that bin Laden is confident and his right-hand man, al Zawahri, insecure.
- Could volcanoes be the source of the building blocks of life?
- A new study in grief shows that feelings of grief activates an area of the brain associated with reward, pleasure and addiction. This tends to interfere with a grieving person's ability to move on.
- Space junk is orbiting around Earth and many of the objects could pose a serious threat to life if they leaked into the planet's ecosystem.
- One California high school football team is baffling opponents everywhere. The team uses the A-11 offense in which all 11 players are eligible receivers.