You don't have to actually be smart to impress people -- you just have to fake it. Here's a daily list of must-read articles that will impress your co-workers, wow your friends and make you seem smart.
- For brain cells, remembering is a lot like reliving the action. Scientists for the first time have recorded brain cells as they spontaneously recall memory and discovered that remembering is a lot like doing.
- Geopolitics could very soon revolve around food and not oil. The role of food in global politics will shift as the scarcity of food and volatility in its price become increasing concerns.
- Disasters such as Gustav are becoming more common. Floods and large-scale storms have increased 7.4 percent annually in the most recent decades and data indicates that number will rise.
- Dell Inc. is overhauling its production model. The computer giant is trying to sell its computer factories and will now rely on using contract manufactures to produce its PCs because the former is no longer profitable.
- Starbucks is rethinking its menu. The company will soon roll out new breakfast options in keeping with consumer demand: low-calorie, healthy, portable items.