Photos and VideosMore Photos and Videos
From left: Jessica Alba, Phillip Lim and Solange Knowles at the 3.1 Phillip Lim collection for Target launch party during New York Fashion Week.
What you missed if you weren't striking a pose around Lincoln Center yesterday.
* To fete Phillip Lim's highly anticipated Target collaboration (the retailer allegedly had to court Mr.Lim for over five years), the company hosted a splashy NFYW fete, compete with interactive video screen (we loved the glittering firecrackers that spelled out 'PL') and Solange Knowles. [Fashionista]
* Designer-slash-stylist Adam Selman made his Fashion Week debut in a West Village gallery Thursday afternoon, and—no doubt disappointing some attendees—his top client, Rhianna (with whom he has worked since 2011) was nowhere in sight. Still, the splashy new ensembles looked particularly suited to the pop diva, from star-spangled high rise jeans to zip front crop tops. [The Cut]
* Fashion Week It-boy, Joseph Altuzarra, got some seriously good news yesterday: the handsome wunderkind found a new investor in Kering, the luxury group that controls Gucci, Bottega Veneta, Balenciaga, Brioni `and McQueen (just to name a few). [Fashionista]
* Why have one collar when you could have three? For some extra prep, Ann Yee added triple-layer collars to her latest collection, which was inspired—awesomely—by Motor City. [Style.com]
* For the two year anniversary of its best-selling "They're Real" mascara, Benefit Cosmetics hosted a #NYFW party celebrating "strong women." The guest list included Joan Rivers and Chrissy Teigen, who arrived in a one-shoulder floral look and fiance John Legend on her arm. [WWD]