Los Angeles police are investigating the fatal home invasion shooting of a director who worked on the reality TV show "America's Next Top Model."
James Howe, 42, died and his wife was seriously wounded in the Nov. 27 attack at their rented home.
Howe and his wife answered the door of the Glassell Park home for what they thought was a lone salesman, but instead, two men and a woman forced their way inside.
A fight ensued at the doorway, and one of the men pulled a gun and opened fire.
The couple's 6-year-old son wasn't harmed.
Los Angeles Deputy Police Chief Jose Perez says the shooting appeared random and there's no obvious motive.
No arrests have been made.
More Southern California Stories:
- Obama’s LA Connection to Mandela Legacy
- As U.S. Approaches "Dairy Cliff," SoCal Farmers Worry
- Coast Guard Rescues Woman
- PM Forecast: Cold, Wet Weekend
- Officer Leaks Intel to Gang: Chief
- Olvera Tradition: Las Posadas
- Father, 4-Year-Old Shot in Robbery
- Kobe Bryant Back Sunday