Miss California Carrie Prejean Cancels On CNN, Lines Up Appearance On FOX

Friday, May 15, 2009  |  Updated 5:00 PM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Miss California Carrie Prejean Cancels On CNN, Lines Up Appearance On FOX

Miss California Carrie Prejean has missed yet another scheduled appearance – this time cancelling at the last minute on Larry King.

"My producer called and said she cancelled, but they didn't give a reason," King told Access Hollywood Thursday after her Prejean was a no-show for "Larry King Live."

VIEW THE PHOTOS: The Latest Star Sightings

King told Access he's not sure that the controversial beauty queen would be booked in the future.

"I have no idea, that's up to the producers," he said when asked if Prejean would be back. "Usually they don't if someone cancels on short notice because you don't do that."

VIEW THE PHOTOS: Model Mania

Miss California USA co-director Keith Lewis made excuses for Prejean's absence, saying, "She's a little tired. It was her birthday yesterday… she's flying back from the east coast."

She might have missed a date with CNN, but Prejean is scheduled to fill in on FOX's "Fox & Friends" later this month.

News of Prejean's FOX appearance was not surprising to Shanna Moakler, who resigned as Miss California USA Executive co-director on Wednesday ultimately because of Prejean.

VIEW THE PHOTOS: Stars Go Naked For PETA

"I'm sure, I'm sure," she said laughing. "She's the darling of FOX News."

But, Prejean's cancellation on Thursday was just fine with Shanna.

"They had told me she was going to be on earlier and I had said, 'I would rather not sit down at a table [with her] at this time,'" she told Access.

Perez Hilton, the Miss USA judge who asked Prejean her opinion on same-sex marriage during the competition, wrote on his blog, "How many MORE chances is Trump gonna give her?"

As previously reported on AccessHollywood.com, Miss USA owner Donald Trump decided to allow Prejean to keep her crown after making deciding racy photos that surfaced online of Prejean "were acceptable."

During Tuesday's press conference with Trump, Prejean defended the leaked photos, saying, "I am a model, I am a Christian. Many of you are aware of an Internet photo that was posted of me when I was 17 years old and first entered into the modeling industry. A girlfriend took some shots of me at home to include them in my portfolio, which were submitted, to several different agents. As the photo was intended for application rather than publication and I did not and I did not anticipate anyone was in a position to release such an image."

Related Content from AccessHollywood.com:
PLAY IT NOW: Access Extended: Why Shanna Moakler Quit Miss California
PLAY IT NOW: Why Shanna Moakler Quit Miss California

MORE ACCESS ON THESE TOPICS: Carrie Prejean - Perez Hilton - Miss USA - Donald Trump - News

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
What's New
21st Century Solutions
The NBCUniversal Foundation is partnering... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out