A judge has granted Nicole Richie's request for a restraining order barring two celebrity photographers from coming close to her or her children.
Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Carol Boas Goodson approved Richie's petition for a three-year restraining order against the paparazzi after a court hearing Monday.
Richie, 28, appeared in court, accompanied by rocker Joel Madden. The couple have two children together.
Goodson granted the orders against Eduardo Arrivabene and Ivon Emilio Melo Miguel, who agreed to stay 50 yards away from the television personality. Miguel apologized to Richie on the stand, and said in court he would not take pictures of her if she didn't want him to.
Both Richie and Madden said they didn't want either man to take pictures of them anymore.
Arrivabene and Miguel declined to comment. Richie, Madden and their attorney, Mark Geragos, also declined to comment after the hearing.
Richie blames the men for causing a car crash in Beverly Hills last month and says she's frightened for her and her infant children's safety. Her two children with Madden weren't in the car at the time of the crash, but Richie said Monday that Miguel trespassed at her home and the photographers often stomp their feet on the ground to try to get a reaction from her.
Goodson said she was concerned about impeding Arrivabene and Miguel's First Amendment rights to take pictures of Richie and Madden. But her concerns evaporated when both men agreed they could abide by the restrictions of the restraining order.
Richie co-starred with Paris Hilton on the television show "The Simple Life" and is the daughter of singer Lionel Richie. She has since become a fashion designer.
Madden fronts the band Good Charlotte and runs the DCMA Collective clothing line with his twin brother, Benji.
Richie gave birth to son Sparrow James Midnight Madden in September. She and Madden have a daughter, Harlow, who turns 2 in January.