The doctor, who served as Michael's personal physician in the weeks leading up to his June 25 death as the King of Pop prepared for his "This Is It" concerts, will be heading back to work at his Armstrong Medical Clinic in Houston on Monday, NBC News confirmed.
Lawyer Edward Chernoff told The Associated Press that Murray has been unable to return to work since a police search of the clinic in July, in part due to threats received.
According to the AP, court documents released on Friday revealed that Murray had purchased the anesthetic propofol in Nevada and had it shipped to California upon being hired to work for Jackson.
The drug, a legal substance, was partially blamed by the Los Angeles County coroner for causing the pop star's death – which was declared a homicide.
No charges have been pressed against Murray, who previously told authorities that he had administered the powerful drug to Jackson as a sleep aid.
Related Content from AccessHollywood.com:
VIEW THE PHOTOS: Michael Jackson Death Investigation: Who's Who?
PLAY IT NOW: T.G.I.F. - Does Janet Jackson Hold Dr. Conrad Murray Responsible For Michael's Death? (November 17, 2009)
PLAY IT NOW: Why Does Dr. Conrad Murray Say He Can't Pay Child Support?