Charges Dropped In Elton John Threat Case

By AccessHollywood.com Editorial Staff
|  Monday, Jun 14, 2010  |  Updated 8:30 PM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Charges Dropped In Elton John Threat Case

Gettty Images

A judge found that a Georgia man accused of threatening Elton John on the Internet and outside the singer's Atlanta condominium did not warrant criminal charges.

advertisement

Charges have been dropped just before the trial of a Georgia man accused of threatening Elton John on the Internet and outside the singer's Atlanta condominium.

The case against Neal Horsley was dismissed by Fulton County Superior Court Judge Kimberly Esmond Adams before a trial was due to start Monday.

VIEW THE PHOTOS: Elton John

Horsley was apparently angered when John told an interviewer that he believed Jesus was gay. The judge said Horsley's actions didn't warrant criminal charges.

The 65-year-old Horsley had been charged with making terroristic threats, criminal defamation and using the Internet to disseminate threats.

VIEW THE PHOTOS: Celebs In Court

Prosecutors say Horsley posted threats against John online and that he picketed outside John's Atlanta property with a sign that said "Why Elton John Must Die."

Copyright 2010 by Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Related Content from AccessHollywood.com:
VIEW THE PHOTOS: CMT Awards 2010: Country's Hottest Stars!
VIEW THE PHOTOS: KROQ Weenie Roast 2010

PLAY IT NOW: 2010 Elton John Oscar Party: 'Glee's' Matthew Morrison On Touring & Performing For President Obama
PLAY IT NOW: 2010 Oscars: Johnny Weir Gets The Star Treatment

More from Access: [ Elton John Courts Music ]

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
What's New
Follow us on Instagram!
We post photos taken by our news team... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out