The contents of eco-friendly fashion designer Laura Siegel's purse.
We first profiled Laura Siegel as she prepped her senior thesis collection at Parsons. Now, the young designer is a noteworthy talent on the rise, known for stunning eco-friendly designs that incorporate unusual materials sourced from all over the globe. Just in time for Earth Week, the designer offered us a peek inside her satchel, teeming with interesting recycled finds.
1. Notebook: "Made with handcrafted paper and a natural hand-dyed cover."
2. Copper bell: "Handcrafted in Kutch, India."
3. Ring: "My dad's old ring from the '60s."
4. Burts Bee's Lip Balm: "Need it in this dry heat!"
5. Passport Holder/Wallet: "From our FW12 collection, hand-embroidered by women in Kutch. It houses key items including my metrocard!"
6. Two Balls of Yarn: "Cotton gima, merino wool, a pair of bamboo knitting needles and the start of a headband."
7. Pitaya Juice: "So good! And the company makes use of ethical farming practices as well as employing single mothers in Nicaragua."