For Fashion Week, stylist and personal shopper Chantal Hughes is all about comfort and versatility while hoofing between shows. "Wearing tried-and-true favorites, keeping true to my idea of 'basics' is what gets me through," explains Chantal. "A typical outfit I'd wear during Fashion Week isn't so different from what I'd wear on a normal day: comfortable -- as in clunky -- shoes, my trusty accessories and some touch of leather are my daily necessities. I prefer to be hands free carrying just the essentials, so a great lip pencil, a small notebook and pen, a camera and obviously my iPhone are all at the ready in my handbag!"
1) Acne "Hybria" suede wedges - "These Acne wedges give my short frame the height i need without requiring me to carry around a pair of flats to switch out midday because they are so light and comfortable."
2) Equipment silk olive blouse - this blouse is so comfortable. It's a classic, but is super cool with a black leather skirt.
3) Thrifted black leather skirt - "This piece is perfect because I wear it all 4 seasons, with tights, bare legs, flats and sky high heels. I can't imagine anything more versatile, especially because it is not a super mini-length."
4) Pamela Love heart necklace in bronze - "I am never without this necklace. It is anatomically correct and was a gift from my husband."
5) Topshop faux fur coat - "Typically i go for the real deal when it comes to fur, but this buttery color lightens up my closet's mostly dark palette while keeping me cozy."
6) NARS Cruella lip crayon - "I never thought i could pull off red lips until I found the perfect shade. The crayon makes it easier to apply and it doesn't bleed past my natural lip line, plus it is the perfect matte texture."
7) Alexander Wang camera bag - "My back and shoulders thank me for the smallness of this bag. It fits everything i need without allowing me to be a pack mule. Plus, what is better than being hands-free?"
For more of Chantal's styling tips and tricks, visit her website at chantalhughes.wordpress.com