Since 2005, New York designer Rebecca Minkoff has become synonymous with cool, versatile handbags that cater to hip downtowners as easily as uptown career women.
With a recently relaunched collection of ready-to-wear, Minkoff is becoming a veritable fashion empire in her own right. No surprise, then, that she finds perpetual inspiration in the city itself.
She explains: "The city bubbles over with inspiration, energy and vibrancy" -- all words that could describe Minkoff's playfully elegant collections.
1. Rooftop Pool Parties: "I’m happiest when I’m soaking up the sun. Living in Manhattan for so long has solidified my love for the perfect city antidote for stifling summer hot days--rooftop pools! Throw in a few close friends and some catering and you’ve got yourself a party!"
2. Baking: "I’m currently quite pregnant and my sweet tooth has gotten significantly stronger. I’ve loved brushing up on my Susie home-maker skills this summer, utilizing fresh produce from my local Farmer’s Market to whip up some sweet, summer-y goodness in the kitchen."
3. Bonsai Trees: "Most people who hear Bonsai don’t understand the vibrant history and amazingly delicate care they need. I think they’re fascinating and so cool."
4. New York City: "At the risk of sounding a little cliché, NYC this summer has re-stolen my heart -- despite the stifling heat -- with all of its green space, the Hudson River Park, the Statue of Libery ... This city bubbles over with inspiration, energy and vibrancy."
5. Black & White: "It’s tough to look polished and appropriate when it’s 100 degrees outside. I’m loving all white and black ensembles to keep me looking light, summer-y and chic! "
6. Vintage Furniture: "I have so many wonderful vintage antique furniture stores in my neighborhood that provide me with refuge from the heat and a constant source of design inspiration during the summer months."