The Collections 2/17: Marchesa, Jeremy Scott, and Tory Burch.
• This morning in the tent at Bryant Park, Michael Kors presented a subtley luxe collection with his usual mix of chunky knit, wool flannel, thick fur, and burnished leathers in a palette of camel and grey, along with some simple silhouettes in gold metallic for sheen.
• After lunch we hit Jeremy Scott's show, he who is the darling of pop divas (Madonna, Rihanna, and Britney have all sported his stuff). You can check out all the looks in our gallery, from the cone-shaped bras to the color-block corset and rhinestone-studded boots.
• And back to the tent for the full blown runway affair of 3.1 Phillip Lim, who showed an ever wearable collection of fall coats and trousers (including a giraffe-print pantsuit), plus a fab swingy purple sequin number lest you tire of the neutrals.
• Other highlights of the day included a more serious Tibi, tees and hoodies from Pete Wentz (yes, Mr. Ashlee Simpson has taken to design), the mighty embellishments of Alex Herchovitch, and the pared down pastels (yes, for fall!) of Matthew Ames.
More Coverage from Today's Shows:
• And read up on the emerging trends (long gowns, matte gold) in today's "Runway Trend Watch."
New Complete Collections Added Today:
New Interviews & Reviews Added Today: