Brooklyn-by-way-of-Berlin-by-way-of-Oberlin College dance music duo Blondes will release their self-titled debut album by RVNG Intl. on Feb. 7. The pair of Sam Haar and Zach Steinman turned heads with early singles like "Lover," which combined blissful keyboard rolls and noddable beats with a careful approach to composition informed by the pair's love of minimalist composers.
All of the album tracks were initially released as limited edition singles by RVNG. The a-side and b-side each reflected two sides of duality; "Lover" and "Hater," "Business" and "Pleasure" and so on, with one side of the single serving as a meditative compliment to the manic counterpoint.
On the subject of dual parts, Blondes recruited friends like Dungeon Acid, Andy Stott, Teengirl Fantasy for remixes. Did they even try to get Debbie Harry?
1. Lover (A JD Twitch Optimo Mix)
2. Lover (Dungeon Acid Remix)
3. Hater (SFV Acid's Encino Oaks Remix)
4. Business (John Roberts Remix)
5. Pleasure (Andy Stott Remix)
6. Wine (Teengirl Fantasy Remix)
7. Water (Bicep Remix)
8. Gold (One Blonde Strange Idea by Traxx)
9. Gold (Laurel Halo Chains Remix)
10. Amber (Variation in Cm by Rene Hell)