Happy St. Patrick's Day! You probably already know hangovers get worse as you age, so be sure to stick to just a beer or two if you choose to imbibe in celebration (even better: distilled liquor, which is cleaner and less likely to cause that morning-after headache). If you do choose to drink, try sticking with these less-bad-for-you alternatives.
Here's a roundup of beer under 99 calories, from ThatsFit.com:
- Miller Genuine Draft 64: 64 calories and 2.6 grams of carbohydrates
- Michelob Ultra: 95 calories and 2.6 grams of carbohydrates
- Anheuser Busch Natural Light: 95 calories and 3.2 grams of carbohydrates
- Miller Lite: 96 calories and 3.2 grams of carbohydrates
- Milwaukee's Best Light: 98 calories and 3.5 grams of carbohydrates
- Yuengling Light: 98 calories and 6.6 grams of carbohydrates
- Budweiser Select: 99 calories and 3.1 grams of carbohydrates
- Amstel Light: 99 calories and 5.33 grams of carbohydrates
- Heineken Light: 99 calories and 6.8 grams of carbohydrates
And here's some organic beer, from alternativeconsumer.com:
- Maine's Peak Organic Brewery, which makes a full assortment of ales with ingredients from local organic farmers, like Vermont organic maple syrup.
- Neumarkter Lammsbrau's is an organic Bavarian pilsner available at many Whole Foods stores.
Have a (relatively) healthy beer selection of your own? Let us know below.